$1 Vintage Tablecloth

My friend, Wendy, and I frequent all of the local thrift stores weekly. Our favorite is the Salvation Army in our town. We are both in mourning because we saw the local headline which informed us that our Salvation Army is closing. It may have been our saddest day ever. Now we'll have to travel to hit any Salvation Armies. The closest one is about 3/4 an hour away. Whaaa!!!



Last Thursday, we went to a bag sale at a nearby church and found this beauty. Actually, I thought it was butt-ugly, but Wendy saw some charm in it, so we bought it for $1.



A vintage tablecloth:







Today, I cut it up and for just about $13.50... including the lining fabric (~$9), the corduroy shirt I cut up for the apron strings ($1) and the tablecloth ($1), the belt I got at Sally's ($1), and the ($1.50) D-Rings, I made the following....


{a pretty purse}



AND

{an apron with funky fringe}



{the back}



How fun is that?

0 comments: